Gastritis is a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation associated with stomach lining or mucosa. Know the causes, symptoms and natural therapy for gastritis.
Gastritis is a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation associated with mucosa or stomach lining. Our stomach lining secretes certain nutrients, acids that aid digestion. It also secretes mucus that will save the stomach lining from the rust action of acid. Inflammation associated with stomach lining or gastritis decreases the production of digestive enzymes plus acids jeopardizing the process of digestion. Acute gastritis is caused due to unexpected and severe inflammation of the abdomen lining. If gastritis continues to get a prolonged period, it becomes chronic within nature. Erosive gastritis is a kind that results in loss of stomach liner due to erosion or wearing out. Erosive gastritis may be acute or chronic, and may result in severe ulcer formation. Erosive gastritis caused due to some surgery, illness or injury can be known as stress gastritis.
Causes of Gastritis
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Other bacterial, fungal, parasitic or viral infection.
- Prolonged intake of non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Swallowing corrosives
- Swallowing foreign bodies
- Potassium supplements and iron tablets.
10. Traumatic injuries
- Severe burns
- . Critical illness
- . Surgery
- . Heavy meals
- . Autoimmune disorder invading healthy cells of stomach lining.
- . Diseases like Crohn’s disease, pernicious anemia.